It's been another busy week here in the writing shed, so all I want to tell you is that I am still adding resources to the Unslush directory I mentioned a few weeks ago. I still think you will like it. And my guess is it will be with you at the start of the new year.
Oh! Should mention that the image above is the homepage for Stoop, which is a great app for managing and reading all your lovely newsletters.
That's it. Nothing else to say.
Enjoy the links. Make good stuff. Forward this to your friends.
Links of the week
Every issue I collect and share the best advice, apps and other shenanigans that I find on my internet travels. Find something useful? Subscribe for free.
- Outline your novel in Notion's new timeline view – I already use Notion to plan my writing and this could be just what you're looking for.
- A list of fantastic newsletters for writers – Jane Friedman's newsletter readers shared their faves and you won't believe number.... it's Unslush Weekly!
- Boost Your Writing Income with Themed Merchandise – the artiste in me thinks this sounds grim, the other 99.5% knows it's a good idea.
- Hemingway Editor – powerful app that analyses your writing and tells you what the hell you're doing wrong – sort of.
- How To Write A Novel Using The Snowflake Method – an oldie but a goodie and a really good way to nail what your novel is about.
- How I grew my newsletter to 38,000 people in a year – so much great stuff here for anyone who wants to build an audience for pretty much anything.
- The cluster approach to reading – read several books about the same topic to get different points of view. (via For The Interested)
- How to write a killer opening – lots of good, practical tips, as we like it.
- How to Make a Fiction Podcast – something that’s not necessarily hard to do, but certainly very hard to do well.
- 21+ Ways to Build an Audience Who Will Buy Your Book
Help us grow 🌱
If you enjoy this newsletter, there are three things you can do to help it (us!) grow and reach more people. Which would be lovely.
- Share it with someone else. Forward the email. Post on social.
- Click/tap the little ❤️ icon there at the bottom. It actually helps.
- Subscribe for free.
Tweets of the week
Join 1000+ other fine people and subscribe for free to get the best writing and publishing-related links sent straight to your inbox. Learn more and sign up.
Join 1600+ super subscribers
I send two regular newsletters. Draft Mode (biweekly) is about the writing process, writing resources, creativity and being an author. Minifictions (monthly) features five original pieces of flash fiction.
Sign up once. Choose your newsletters.Subscribe now