It’s been a while, hasn’t it?
I set up home in The Broome Cupboard some time last summer and sent a couple of lovely emails to you before stopping somewhat abruptly.
To be honest with you, very little has happened since then, apart from the following.
- My debut novel, A is for Angelica, was published to excellent reviews.
- I became a first-time dad to identical twins, Seth and Jasper.
- Five days later, I was made redundant while me, my wife and the twins were still living in hospital. I know. Nice.
- About a month after that, shortly after meeting Seth and Jasper for the first time, my grandad passed away.
- I’ve signed a fair few books in various branches of Waterstones.
- And read at several literary events and festivals, including in Manchester for World Book Night.
- In January I started a new job, which my grandad would have been pretty pleased about.
- I started vlogging again (that’s vlogging with a v), which has been fun.
- The Write for Your Life podcast has gone from strength to strength.
- And then, just recently, I remembered setting up a mailing list last summer.
Well, I’m here to tell you that The Broome Cupboard is back. From now on, I’ll be sending out regular, exciting emails packed with links, lovely stuff and not a little nonsense, all with a specific bent towards reading and writing, naturally.
Starting this week, I plan to hit send every Friday, working my way into your inbox like a friendly mouse with a knapsack of tasty Frazzles. And I will give you those Frazzles. Metaphorically.
But of course, don’t forget, you can always unsubscribe from this list and never hear another word from me again. The Broome Cupboard door is always unlocked. I’ll be upset about your departure, make no mistake, but the option is always there via the link in the footer.
Before I go, I must tell you that Nathan Filer’s debut novel, The Shock of the Fall, is absolutely brilliant and you must buy it. Honestly, you’ll be bowled over.
That’s it. Many cuddles. Speak to you soon. Via email.
Join 1600+ super subscribers
I send two regular newsletters. Draft Mode (biweekly) is about the writing process, writing resources, creativity and being an author. Minifictions (monthly) features five original pieces of flash fiction.
Sign up once. Choose your newsletters.Subscribe now